Pop Culture Junction

Pop Culture Junction offers everything you never wanted to know about nothing important.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Now Hear This: Billie Jean - Chris Cornell

I was way into the grunge scene in the 90s. Doc Martens, flannel shirts & jeans, and flowered dresses were the main stays of my wardrobe. I longed to go to Seattle and live like a character from the movie Singles, sipping coffee and pontificating with my long-haired boyfriend about nothing in particular but everything in general.

And the music. It was just...fantastic. Mud Honey. Mother Love Bone. Jane's Addiction. Soundgarden. Alice in Chains. Hole. Nirvana. And of course, Pearl Jam. I loved them all!

While I am much more corporate these days (unfortunately), I still enjoy these groups and do follow their music of today. Well, the ones who are still together, which is only Pearl Jam and Mudhoney, I think. I do follow some of the new bands that have come out of the members of these old bands, but they just ain't the same for the most part.

SO...I was VERY excited to stumble onto stereogum and find this remake of Michael Jackson's hit, "Billie Jean" performed by none other than mysterious hottie Chris Cornell foremerly of Soundgarden, currently of Audioslave, made up of the guys who used to be in Rage Against the Machine, minus Zach de la Rocha.



As most Americans, I was also a Michael Jackson fan in the 80's. But I didn't wear red leather and a beaded glove. I swear. Although I do admit to having a few t-shirts. One of my favorites was yellow and had the cover of Thriller on it.

Oh, wait.

That might've been my E.T. shirt. Same diff, really. Anyhoo, this remake is quite dark and just awesome. Enjoy!


Chris Cornell - Billie Jean


And don't tell me this shit isn't awesome, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home