Pop Culture Junction

Pop Culture Junction offers everything you never wanted to know about nothing important.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Now Hear This: Everything Old is New Again

I love to dance. I don't do it too much anymore since I'm a workaholic, but I revel in the memories of when I was a young teenager and would go to local teen dance clubs to boogie down.

One of my favorite songs of that day was L'Trimm's "The Cars that Go Boom". Well, lo and behold, doesn't Miss Gwen Stefani give them a shout-out in her new song, "Wind It Up"! Not only that, but she makes The Sound of Music cool again. You can listen to both now!

L'Trimm - The Cars that Go Boom

Gwen Stefani - Wind It Up


Another tune that brings me back to Reeboks, leggings and IOU sweatshirts? JJ Fad's "Supersonic". I can still remember the video. Alas, it was to be a one-hit wonder. But it obviously had something going for it, or Fergie wouldn't have borrowed the beat for her rap on her new single, "Fergalicious". Check them out!

JJ Fad - Supersonic

Fergie - Fergalicious

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home