Pop Culture Junction

Pop Culture Junction offers everything you never wanted to know about nothing important.

Monday, October 30, 2006

One More Day 'Til Halloween: It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

Can you believe that neither ABC or CBS will be showing It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! tomorrow? Maybe I missed it and it was on another night in the past week, but it certainly wouldn't be Halloween without it!



Not only did my brother and I watch this in during the Halloween season, we were also big fans of Garfield's Halloween Adventure(AKA Garfield In Disguise). There was this part where Odie & Garfield were running away from some scary dude, and they are chanting, "Run, run! (I'm afraid!) Run, run! (I'm afraid!)" My brother & I still say this occasionally when it fits into conversation. Most people have no clue what we are talking about! When he was very young, my brother called Garfield "Garford". Tee-hee!



Did you know that Lorenzo Music, the guy who did Garfield's voice, died in 2001? I remember hearing that and it made me kind of sad. He also did a lot of other voice-over work, including the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter commercials. Remember those? They only showed peoples hands with the butter. They always kind of annoyed me, actually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home