Pop Culture Junction

Pop Culture Junction offers everything you never wanted to know about nothing important.

Monday, June 11, 2007

The Gray Report: Tom Hulce

Oh deary me. I just commented to someone yesterday that gray hair on men is somewhat regal looking. I think I may have to take that back.

Amadeus is a film near and dear to my heart, as I used to be a clasically-trained pianist. Now I'm just somebody who knows how to play the piano, but back in the day I could tear it up on the ivories. Tom Hulce was a little hottie as Wolfie and that may or may not be why Mozart is my favorite classical composer to this day. (Fun fact: Christine Ebersole, who last night won the Tony for Best Leading Female in a Musical for her performance in Grey Gardens was also in Amadeus, as the seductive Soprano Katerina Cavalieri.)






Imagine my dismay while watching the Tony Awards as I hear a familiar voice that is coming out of a face & body that looks like that of a reclusive scientist. Now I'm all about the big guys. In fact, I prefer men with some meat on their bones. But scary old man glasses and bushy beards, not so much. The 2nd photo is reminiscent of a mug shot. I suppose I could get past that, knowing that he is a brilliant Broadway producer. On second thought, no. The beard must go, Tom. Please call me so we can discuss.



2 Comments:

Blogger Honey Bunny said...

the difference is the grey hair on guys who are clean shaven and well kept looks HOT. Tom just looks like a scary mountain man.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

holy shit. i can't type what i want to say. i'll tell you next time i see ya. dang, tom hulce. your amadeus days are soooo over. sigh.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home