Pop Culture Junction

Pop Culture Junction offers everything you never wanted to know about nothing important.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Blast from the Past: New Zoo Revue


Holy geez!

I was sooooo excited to see that you can now view video clips of my FAVORITE early Saturday morning show, The New Zoo Revue. In the early 80's, my brother and I used to watch this on WYTV 33 at probably 6am or 7am on Saturday mornings. I have no idea why we would get up that early, but we did.

My favorite NZR memory, aside from the theme song, (which I still sing from time to time), really has little to do with the wholesomeness of the original show. My grandmother bought my brother and I this blooper tape, that had bloopers from really obscure shows. It had no narration, just clip after clip. There were several from NZR, and one between Charlie & Freddie that cracks me up still. Freddie screwed up his lines, and caused Charlie to say in a very effeminate voice, "Let's have a ball!" and Freddie lifted his shirt and said, "How about two?" and they then embrace. I wish I had the clip to share! But trust me, it was hysterical, and my brother and I laughed and laughed about the whole thing. I don't even think we recognized the gay undertones. The fact that they said "balls" was funny enough for our underdeveloped senses of humor.

Stroll down memory lane: http://www.newzoorevue.com/index1.html

1 Comments:

Blogger Honey Bunny said...

new zoo review was my FAVORITE!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home